Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Venice Followup: Nathan

Of all the cool things I saw in Venice, one of the greatest has to be this shop I found during our wanderings. Yes, the Doge's Palace and Piazza San Marco were amazing and full of history, but things like this shop just kind of take you by surprise.

I found a shop called Popcorner I think. Their website is and it's a great place for Beatles fans and pretty much anyone that likes rock from the 60's to the 80's. They had some a ton of memorabilia I had never seen before. Immediately, I tried calling home to see if the parents wanted anything cool. Unfortunately, the owner closed for siesta soon after stepping outside and realizing phone reception is horrible in Venice.

Jordan is correct about not being able to re-find anything in Venice that's not the Rialto Bridge, Piazza San Marco, Piazza Roma (where the taxis pick up), or Venezia Santa Lucia Station. However, on our walk away from the shop during the siesta, I noticed the address numbers increased for awhile. So, I figured we could use that to get back. After some wandering, it actually worked and we re-found the shop. I think my dad and her dad will like the gifts.

Next - Florence, if I need to say more.

No comments:

Post a Comment