Monday, July 20, 2009

(Not) A final note: Nathan

So, I have 9 minutes on the internet and 4 hours left in Rome as I type. What a trip it has been, technically 8 countries in 5 weeks, thousands of miles by plane, train, and automobile (and bus and foot).

I've met some amazing people, made friends, hopefully no enemies. Some I got contact for, the ones I didn't, I do regret it. I feel like I've seen so much but haven't been gone very long. It's all been a blur to be perfectly honest.

I know everyone is waiting eagerly to see and hear about most, if not all, of Italy. That'll have to wait until at the very least Heathrow where there might be some free wi-fi. My laptop has been horrible at uploading pics as well, so I'm getting behind, but the best is yet to come.

For a quickie, our last day we pretty much carpet bombed Vatican City with our cameras. They're surprisingly lax for all the priceless works of art that they had. Even where there were no pictures allowed at all, people were still taking them. I managed a blurry shot of Pope JP2's grave before being told to put my camera away, and everyone was taking pictures of the Sistine Chapel.

Only fitting, since there's a Hotel California down the street from the internet café, I'm checking out, but I don't think I can ever leave, and I know Jordan would say the same thing.

Until more detailed updates...

No comments:

Post a Comment