Friday, July 17, 2009

Milan: Jordan

Not so much Milan as a stopover in Milan. A crazy stop over.

I get to the train station in Nice to find that the train strike is over. I hop on the train to Ventimiglia, change in Ventimiglia and arrive in Milan around 1:30pm. I hop on the metro and head over to where the hotel/hostel is supposed to be. It was quite a trek. I took the metro four stops, the bust about 10 stops and then walked about 15 min. to get to the hostel/hotel. When I get there the guy at reception says he can't find my reservation. Crap. It turns out that they had canceled our reservation since we had not showed up the first night. I tried to explain that I had been stuck in France, but there was nothing he could do.

Hot and frustrated I sit down to try to find a place to stay for the night. The guy looks at me and says that he can call a friend who owns another hotel and see if there is a room there for the same price we were planning on paying. There was, but the hotel was back on the opposite side of town from where I was now. I was so stressed and frustrated. The guy looked at me and asked if I wanted a drink. He told me I needed one. I explained to him that if I had anything to drink other than water I might pass out. He shrugged and handed me a nice cold bottle of water.

I get back on the tram going the other direction, then catch the bus to the area around the new hotel. I finally make it there and check in, thrilled to have a place to put down my stuff after 2 hrs of trying to get around.

Nathan finally makes it over to the new hotel and we head out for some retail therapy and food.

So, no I din't really get to see Milan.

Next up: Venezia (Venice)

No comments:

Post a Comment