Saturday, July 11, 2009

How to spent 100 Euros in a night: Nathan

To do that, it used to be that I could just buy a model train easy. But, I learned a new way. The San Fermin Festival in Pamplona! I mean, I got into it. I met Andrew and Robert, an Aussie and Canadian respectively, on my bus to Pamplona. We ended up hanging out just about all night until Andrew got separated. But, I started the night off with 5 euros and decided I needed money. More like, I needed the white pants and the sash and a bandana and a white shirt. Then of course, food. And drinks (non-alcoholic of course). Then we all wandered the streets walking into random bars with music and danced a little and walked out. At one point, I had to take a nap, and I got a megaphone to the face after a little nap, then another little nap later and I was golden. The sun started lightening the sky around 6, so Robert and I attempted to get into position to watch. I decided the bullring would be a cooler place to watch and acquired tickets in. We watched the runners run into the stadium and then tried to watch them in the bullring toying with the bulls. Eventually it cleared enough for pictures and videos, I think the videos turned out better. They'll be on Youtube soon hopefully.

I noticed, I ended the day with 5 euros as well. 100 euros in a day.

As I type, I'm sulking in Barcelona and mourning the loss of my kidnapped iPod. It's an excuse to get an iTouch though.

I'm also stranded in Barcelona as my train to France and onto Milan was full. Hopefully I'll make it tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the outfit--not hard to spend 100 Euros. Sounds like it was great fun. How many iPods is this now?

    ReplyDelete